Thursday, June 17, 2010

S.I.C. Vol. 48 Kamen Rider Gaoh & Kintaros Imagin Part 1

My price will make you cry

The second S.I.C. in my collection is this bundledl set: Vol. 48 Kamen Rider Gaoh and Kintaros Imagin.

Frankly, I never finished watching "Kamen Rider Den-O" actually. ^^; Watched a few episodes at the beginning, a few in the middle and the last few of the TV series. However, I do have the theatrical version, "Kamen Rider Den-O: I'm Born!" on a DVD.


I super-love the design of Kamen Rider Gaoh in the film, ^^ especially the mask design that has the teeth of a tyrannosaurus as his goggles, which I think is really cool.

The transformation of the goggles is pretty crazy as well, as you can see from the video clip below


Video clip is from Youtube. Follow this link to the website if you can't see anything.

And so, I was absolutely thrilled when the S.I.C. version of Kamen Rider Gaoh was announced back in February last year. His initial unpainted prototype sculpture already featured an elaborate amount of details, true to the "tradition" of the S.I.C. series. My mind was pretty much set back then to get it for sure.

Then again, also bundled in the set was Kintaros Imagin, which wasn't exactly what I was looking for really. ^^; No offense to Kintaros' fans, but for him to look good, he needs to be with his gang members: Momotaros, Ryutaros and Urataros. There's this feeling that something is amiss just having him alone. Then again, I have no intention of starting of collection of all the S.I.C. Imagins just to complete the picture. I wouldn't need to think much about many Gunplas to buy if I really did it. ^^;

Normally, I don't mind having something I don't really like to be in a set, since that's how the manufacturer packages and markets such stuff. If I'm not really into the character/figure, I won't bother about it even if it's out as an individual release. Since my mind was set on getting Kamen Rider Gaoh, I had to accept Kintaros Imagin coming along in the set as well. ^^;

As more images of Kintaros Imagin emerged, he turned out to be pretty cool himself. A large-sized figure with synthetic fur on his jacket is pretty awesome, and there are tons of accessories just for him. For a moment then, I thought having the two as a bundled set wasn't really a bad idea at all. ^^

Still, since I don't really have much love for Kintaros, I often wondered back then, how much I could save from the price of 6,825 Yen (inclusive of tax) for this set if Kamen Rider Gaoh was released individually, after cutting out Kintaros, his huge ax and all his accessories. ^^; Then again, now that he's in my collection, I don't feel like selling him off at all to anyone. ^^;



Being consistent with the color scheme of the two figures, the box is mainly in gold, brown and orange.




Among the many accessories shown on the back of the box, only the drumstick belongs to Kamen Rider Gaoh I think.


The box is just a little wider than that of Kamen Rider Blade, my first S.I.C.








The largest parts, or those with the most amount of details can be seen directly from the window on the box.

We'll look at the content of the box in the next review.

2 comments:

Terrorhunt said...

Cool SIC, bro. Been thinking about getting Gaoh myself. Instead I've got Zeronos and Deneb, which by the way are the best SIC I've got. Then again, that's the only SIC I have in my figure collection so far. I do agree with you about Kintaros. It would have been nice if Kintaros were released with Den-O Ax Form, with other Taros or individually. It kinda bugs me really when Bandai released Den=O Rod and Ax in bundle as a limited item.

AstrayP03 said...

Shucks... I can't seem to find Kamen Rider Blade King Form anywhere now :(