Monday, May 27, 2013

Random (68)

Super new, super old

"Consistent" with the recent double feature of Hasbro's action figures on this blog, I managed to get a couple more items from the company recently. ^^





The items include "Marvel's Avengers" Movie Series 3.75-inch Grapple Blast Black Widow, plus three Transformers figures from various series: Deluxe Class Bumblebee from "Transformers: Prime - Beast Hunters", Starscream in Deluxe Class from "Transformers Generations - Fall of Cybertron" and another one in Voyager Class with G1 color scheme from the first movie. Except for the last item mentioned above, the rest are newly added figures on the shelves of a local toy store when the stock was updated recently. I managed to bag them before others pick them up. ^^

Transformers TFTM Voyager Class Starscream (G1 Deco) can be considered a rare collector's item by today's standard because of its age. I managed to get it brand new at a really low price from a local online store recently, just to find out the connection between that giveaway-level price and a huge flaw that comes along with the figure when I got him . ^^; I'm still glad that I managed to pick up this old figure since I really love its Auto-Morph transformation gimmick and color scheme. The flaw is just so unfortunate and disappointing, but I'm currently devising ways to address the flaw. If the plan works, this Voyager Class Starscream is going to be quite an awesome and special figure in my collection. ^^

1 comment:

AgentAdam said...

Keep an eye on that deluxe Starscream's knees. There were some quality control issues with the pin misfiring and some their knees just came apart.